We work with many startup businesses and enjoy being part of the Australian startup community.
Our experience of working with startups tells us again and again that each startup needs support in turning its idea into a successful business, including a team of experienced and trusted people who look out for the startup’s interests and have the skills and dedication to help achieve its goal.
This team should include trusted professional advisors, including an experienced lawyer who is a specialist in the relevant industry, wants to understand the business and, crucially, is pragmatic and commercial - and of course is willing to work for fixed fees with no nasty surprises. We are proud to be part of the team of an increasing number of startups.
We have put together a Startup Pack to explain some of the legal issues and considerations that face most startups.
Typical work we do for startups includes advising on and drafting a range of agreements.
Our experience includes:
- Non-disclosure agreements (NDAs)
- Different types of corporate structures for setting up or restructuring businesses
- Shareholder agreements
- Finance deals, joint ventures and partnership arrangements
- Developing strategies to protect and commercialise IP
- Securing trade mark protection for brands (nationally and internationally)
- Employment contracts and consultancy agreements for contractors
- Terms of trade for signing up customers
- Website terms + conditions
- Privacy policies and issues relating to use of customer data and personal information