01. MEDIA AND ENTERTAINMENT
We have a deep understanding of the media and entertainment industries.
Our media and entertainment lawyers have worked for specialist media, music and entertainment law firms internationally and have also been heads of legal and business affairs for entertainment companies operating in live theatre, film and television productions.
This first-hand in-house industry knowledge gives us a thorough understanding of the commercial and creative objectives of our clients. We combine our industry knowledge with extensive experience as corporate and commercial lawyers to ensure that clients receive the highest quality advice and legal and business affairs services at highly competitive rates.
We also provide strategic and pragmatic advice in resolving legal disputes and our litigation team is experienced in protecting, enforcing and defending rights in the entertainment industries.
Our lawyers Gary Rogers and Ted Cawrey have extensive experience in all aspects of film and television work, and have worked in the industry in New York, Los Angeles, Sydney and London. Most recently, Ted Cawrey headed up the in-house team at one of the world's most prolific funders of film and television content.
Our experience includes
Film and television production
- Option and purchase deals
- Financing and investment agreements
- Production incentives and the Australian Producer Offsets
- Interparty agreements
- Completion guarantees
- Distribution and sales agency arrangements
- Television format licensing
- Confidentiality agreements
- Live events
- Talent agreements
- Sponsorship and endorsement arrangements
SPORTS AND EVENTS LAW
- Event organisation and sponsorship
- Brand management
- Commercial rights and media exploitation
- Ticketing issues
- Manufacture, sale and distribution of associated sporting goods